Tuesday 30 September 2014

Our apprentice ambassador graduate, Rachel Maddison


Rachel Maddison, 23 has been undertaking an apprenticeship in procurement over the past 8 months  and has been offered a full-time position as a procurement adviser for children's services at Brighton & Hove City Council.

Rachel spent her time as an apprentice studying business administration, level 3 at Brighton City College and will continue to study along side her full time job at the council.

Rachel's story as an apprentice at Brighton & Hove City Council

I moved to Brighton in 2010 to study a Biological sciences degree at University after doing my A levels. After two years I left after not obtaining high enough marks to continue.

I spent the next year and a bit between bar jobs and unemployment, until I decided to undertake an apprenticeship after learning about them from the Job Centre in Brighton & Hove.

I started at the council in February 2014 and have been working alongside the procurement team doing administration and learning procurement specific skills.
Undertaking this apprenticeship and being able to learn alongside working full-time has given me the platform and the confidence to work towards my career and other pathways I may wish to take in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment