Friday 11 December 2015

New Apprentice

Georgia Easteal

Age: 16
Apprenticeship: Transport Projects Apprentice
Qualification: NVQ Level 2 Business Administration

Why did you choose an apprenticeship?
I did a lot of research during year 11 on which education path I would go down after leaving school. I was unsure which career I was interested in and I didn’t want to go to college for two years and finish with qualifications that would not help me get the job I wanted.

I went to Longhill High School, who provided information on apprenticeships and we were visited by the apprentice ambassadors. This, and my own research, made me choose an apprenticeship as I know that I would be receiving good training, learning many useful skills and it would open up opportunities for me.

As I have come straight from school I was not sure what to expect, it took a few days to settle in but I got used to it very quickly. Everyone is really supportive and I am learning lots of new skills.

I’m glad I decided to do an apprenticeship as it has given me a sense of responsibility and along with earning my own money, knowing that my work is helping the residents of Brighton and Hove is a reward in itself.

Where do you go to college?
My college course is provided by City College, however I am able to do all my work in the workplace so I don’t need to go to college every week.

Background

I’ve recently left school and this apprenticeship placement is my first type of work I’ve ever done. One of my hobbies is dance which I do every Friday and also did as one of my GCSE options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment