Wednesday 7 March 2018

National Apprenticeships week- Parking Officer apprentices











Blogs from our Parking Officer Apprentices



Did you know you can gain an apprenticeship as a Parking Officer? Have a read from some of our Parking Officer apprentices to find out how they got into this rob role and more.


Thiago Pereira
Parking Officer



How did you get into the apprenticeship?


I wanted to build a career, working for the local authority seemed like a great path to take however, this was to be a severe change to my career path. I found the apprenticeship opportunity advertised on the council’s website and decided to  apply. I was subsequently successful. I have since secured a permanent position in the same role, which I love.

What’s been the most rewarding part of your apprenticeship so far?


Working with lots and lots of wonderful people, with a plethora of experience in so many areas. It is great to learn from their experience.

What are the key benefits of doing an apprenticeship?


Leaning the role and earning a wage at the same time.

 
Would you recommend apprenticeships to others?  


Yes absolutely!!!




Charles Keynton
Parking Officer

How did you get into the apprenticeship?


I heard about the apprenticeship from searching online, through job sites. At first I dismissed it, as I knew very little about apprenticeships, but something kept urging me to look back over it. From there I was able to glean more information, searching the web to learn more details. 

What’s been the most rewarding part of your apprenticeship so far?


The most rewarding part for me is a tough question, mainly because there are so many rewarding parts! The apprenticeship has afforded me an incredible opportunity to get into a new career, grow as person in my new job role, I’ve met some really cool people in my department and helping people engage with the community through our services is another rewarding aspect, I really couldn't pick just one! 

What are the key benefits of doing an apprenticeship?

The key benefit for me was that I was able to get into a new career. I was a Music BA graduate from Chichester University, gradually becoming a failed musician in the work place after I left. I worked in an express supermarket to pay the bills and was growing increasingly tired of it. I’m not saying give up on your dreams, but depending on your circumstances, sometimes you have to do something else and I have no regrets. Due to a lack of admin experience at the time, a lot of employers weren’t keen on me in those kinds of roles so an apprenticeship was like an open door to me.

Would you recommend apprenticeships to others?

I would definitely recommend apprenticeships to others. It can be a great way into a new career, gaining experience, new skills and working with talented professionals.

Ade Ayodeji
Parking Officer


The apprenticeship program has been extremely good to me. Helping me in so many ways. I am extremely happy I took up the opportunity to get on the program.

How did you get into the apprenticeship?


My Partner actually got into the program first doing a level 2 NVQ Business Administration and working at the same time also, she talked about the opportunities and the experience one could gain. I always thought there was an age restriction in doing the program but that ended a while back now.

I started researching on jobs and programs I could go on and came across the Parking Services Apprenticeship on the council website. The training and description given about the job was always something I wanted to do and something I was kind of familiar with.

What’s been the most rewarding part of your apprenticeship so far?


Been able to get back to study and gain a qualification while working, is one of the most rewarding aspects for me. Learning without not a lot of pressure (learning on the job)

What are the key benefits of doing an apprenticeship?


  •         Getting a recognised qualification that could even help in job progression.
  •         Still getting paid while working
  •         Having time off to do the work and assignments
  •          Not been pressured and given enough time to learn the new role

 Would you recommend apprenticeships to others?


Absolutely, I have already recommended the program to most of my friends that are not happy with jobs they are in at the moment. It gives one an opportunity to get into the work environment and see if you will like the role. You get paid for it and also get a qualification at the same time. This is a win, win for everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment