Monday 6 March 2017

Transport Projects Apprentice - Jonathon Martin

Jonathon Martin

Jonathon in a meeting
Age: 22
Apprenticeship: Transport Projects Apprentice
Qualification: Level 2 Business Administration

Before my apprenticeship I mainly worked in bars after I left college and I briefly did a stint as a Call Centre Representative.

After I moved to Brighton I decided to further my education. Unfortunately, going to university and earning wasn't an option, so I looked at other opportunities.

An apprenticeship gave me the best of both worlds, and allowed me to study Business Administration whilst also working in a relevant environment, gaining skills and qualifications. 

My apprenticeship involves various tasks that change week to week. For example, I have spent the last week attending a National Standards cycle training course, learning how to train people of all ages to cycle safely on the roads. The week before that I took minutes at meetings for a variety of exciting projects that are being planned. 

Once I have completed my apprenticeship I am looking to take my newly acquired skills and knowledge and put them into practice, either here at Brighton & Hove City Council or in the private sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment